Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Europe Got to be Kidding Me! Part I

Monday, April 5th: Work asks me to attend a tradeshow in Paris. I would need to depart on SATURDAY, APRIL 10TH. A little shocked, I agree only to remember, I don't have my passport. Efficient as ever, I sent it out to get my last name changed. I call the US Department of State to see what can be done. For $75 they will "expedite" my passport and I will have it, without guarentee, on FRIDAY, APRIL 9th (read: the day before I need to leave.) Meanwhile, I am negotiating last minute flight options and their fares with our travel agent.

Wednesday, April 7th: I arrive home from work to be greeted by a Fed Ex door tag. Could it be, my passport has arrived and early? I head to Fed Ex, pick up my passport (with the worst picture ever, I might add) and get on the phone with the travel agent, book my ticket!

Saturday, April 10th: Wheels up, I am headed to Paris for InCosmetics for the next 6 days....

0 comments:

Post a Comment